U P D A T E !|
New OTF developement is in progress!
On The Fly MIDI sequencing software for the Commodore Amiga
Before I scored my collection of Roland gear, I needed a pattern based way to program my synth lines and drum loops on the fly. My solution was to write a program which would allow me to control my MIDI studio in that manner. I called it On-The-Fly and used it for many years, even while performing live. I never made the software available, because it was exclusively tailored for only my studio. For example, midi channels and instrument numbers could not be adjusted. After posting up a few screenshots on my web site, I started to receive emails from other electronic musicians who wanted to try it. As a result, pulled out my A1200, dug up the source code, and added a few things like a little config utility. Now that OTF can be functional in any MIDI studio, I have finally made it available for download!
• MIDI Sync via Amiga serial port (MIDI unit required)
• Din Sync via Amiga joystick port (additional circuitry required)
• Proprietary 303 style sequencer (to control my modified PAIA FatMan )
• Sample Sequencer
• LFO midi controllers
• Analog style sequencer
• 2X Roland style drum sequencers
• Pattern load/save, linking
• Pattern shuffle, length and shift (each independently per module)
Absolutely EVERYING is editable (with real-time results) while playing.
Here's an example of what can be done with OTF, a DrumStation and a modified
PAIA FatMan: AlphA DoG - OTF1.mp3
This track was heavily influenced by the masters of on the fly Acid music
Decompress with LhA.